|Select Your Member Type|
RRS membership consists of Members, Associate Members, Scholar-In-Training (SIT) Members, Emeritus Members, Institutional Members, and Corporate Members. Definitions of membership classifications are contained in Article III, Sections 1-6, of the Society's Constitution.
1. Full Members $250.00 - There shall be admitted to membership persons who have contributed to the advancement of understanding the effects and risks of radiation or have rendered service in a field related to radiation sciences. The fulfillment of these qualifications shall be determined by an examination of the accomplishments and qualifications of the candidate including publications. The rights and privileges of Members include voting, holding office, and subscribing to Society publications at favorable rates. Are you an Early Career Investigator? LEARN MORE
2. Associate Members $190.00 - There shall be admitted to associate membership persons working as research associates or technicians in the field of radiation research, or persons whose degree(s), published work, or professional contributions are not in radiation research but whose interest and endeavors in natural sciences support inclusion as members of the society. Associate Members shall have all the privileges of Members except that they may not vote or hold office.
3.Graduate and Undergraduate Student (Junior SIT) Members $50.00 There shall be admitted to Scholar-in Training (SIT) membership any undergraduate or graduate (MS and PhD) or medical student who is enrolled in a course of study or is in a training program in a field related to the radiation sciences. There is no age or time limit for this designation. Verification of student or trainee status by the departmental chairman or the institution’s training director is required at: (1) time membership is granted, (2) annually at time of membership renewal, and (3) prior to the award of RRS SIT Grants. SIT Members have all privileges of Members except they may not vote or hold office.
4. Post-doctoral Fellows and Resident (Senior SIT) Members $100.00 There shall be admitted to Scholar-in Training (SIT) membership any postdoctoral fellow or resident who is enrolled in a course of study or is in a training program in a field related to the radiation sciences. There is no age or time limit for this designation. Verification of fellowship or resident status by the departmental chairman or the institution’s residency program director is required at: (1) time membership is granted, (2) annually at time of membership renewal, and (3) prior to the award of RRS SIT Grants. SIT Members have all privileges of Members except they may not vote or hold office.
5. Emeritus Members - An Emeritus Member fulfills the requirements for a Member, but has become emeritus or retired at his/her own institution. He/she has all the rights and privileges of Members. Requests for conversion to Emeritus Status should be sent to the Association Manager (email@example.com), with documentation of having become Emeritus or retired at the member's institution. A web page from your institution stating your retired status will be sufficient.
6. Corporate Members $1,250.00 - A person or corporation may be elected a corporate member as a result of demonstrated and substantial acts benefiting the society or its purposes. Corporate members may only vote or hold office if they also qualify as a full member.
7. Institutional Members - $1,500.00 - Academic
Departments or Institutes involved in radiation research may be elected
as Institutional Members. Institutional Members may not vote or hold
office. Institutional Members may sponsor an unlimited number of
graduate students postdoctoral fellows or residents enrolled in a course
of study or in a training program in a field related to the radiation
sciences at their institution. Sponsored Scholars-in-Training members
have the same privileges as SIT members. Institutional Members are
eligible for a 20% discount on position vacancy advertisements in
Radiation Research. Institutional Members may choose to add an unlimited number of faculty members to their membership at the rate of $125.00 per faculty member in addition to the $1,500.00 institutional membership fee.
11/1/2016 » 3/31/2017
Renew Your Membership For 2017 Today!
2/9/2017 » 3/22/2017
2017 Abstract Submission Site Now Open
3/24/2017 » 10/6/2017
RRS 2017 Meeting Registration Opens 3/24
4/19/2017 » 5/26/2017
Call for Officer Nominations Open April 19
10/15/2017 » 10/18/2017
2017 RRS Annual Meeting